Graduated Mechanical Mathematical Department of Moscow State University, 1968.
PhD in Mechanical Mathematical Department of Moscow State University, 1969, "GENERATION
OF LIMIT CYCLES UNDER PERTURBATIONS OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS dw/dz = -Rz(z,w)/Rw(z,w), WHERE R IS A POLYNOMIAL".
From May 1968 Assistant Professor, from June 1972 Associated Professor, from
August 96 Professor of Mechanical Mathematical Department of Moscow State University,
Dean of the Higher College of Mathematics of the Independent University of
Moscow, from November 1994.
Leading Scientist of Steklov Math. Institute of Russian Acad. of Sciences,
half position, from June 95,
Professor of the Department of Mathematics of the Cornell University (half
time position for the fall semesters, 1997 -2006)
Member of the Bureau of Moscow Mathematical Society, from September 1993.
Vice-President of the Moscow Mathematical Society, from September 1996.
President of the Independent University of Moscow, from February 2000.
Member of the Editorial boards of the journals:
- Functional analysis and its applications (Nauka, Moscow)
- Dynamical and control systems (Plenum Press, New York and London)
- Ergodic theory and dynamical systems (Cambridge Univ. Press, UK)
- Proceedings of the Moscow Mathematical Society (Moscow)
- Mathematical Enlightenment (Moscow)
- Editor and Chief of the Moscow Mathematical Journal edited by the Independent
University of Moscow
Doctoral thesis "TOPOLOGY OF PHASE PORTRAITS OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS IN
THE REAL AND COMPLEX PLANES", Steklov Institute, November 1994.